I love salads! Since today marks the unofficial beginning of summer, the season of salad suppers, I thought I’d post my newest recipe. This is a “Tanya Original.” It’s light, but filling. Makes a great meal in itself. Even Rick said so. Bonus: it offers a great way to use leftover chicken. Hope you like it!
Tortellini Salad with Chicken and Snap Peas
- 1 pkg refrigerated Mozzarella & Herb Tortellini
- 1 large, boneless chicken breast (or 1 ½ c cooked chicken, diced)
- 2 t olive oil
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 c sugar snap peas
- ½ cup carrots, sliced
- ¼ c Creamy Caesar dressing, more or less to your preference
- ¼ t garlic salt
- Crispy Onions
Cook tortellini as directed. Drain, then rinse with cold water.
While the tortellini is cooking, sauté chicken in olive oil until cooked through. Season as desired. (I used a dash of All Season on each side.) Cut into ½” bite-sized pieces.
Combine cooked chicken and tortellini with next six ingredients in serving bowl. Mix well. Top with a light sprinkling of crispy onion pieces. ENJOY!
Happy Memorial Day, all!